JOSAA Counseling 2023: Dates, Registration Process, Seat Allotment, Eligibility And Cut Off
JOSAA Counseling 2023
JOSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) is responsible for the centralized counseling and seat allocation process for admissions to undergraduate engineering and architecture programs at participating institutions in India. JOSAA counseling is highly anticipated by aspiring students as it determines their chances of securing admission to some of the top engineering colleges in the country. Here is the latest update and information on JOSAA Counselling 2023.
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) is a central agency that conducts counselling for admission to undergraduate engineering courses in India. The JoSAA counselling 2023 will be conducted for admission to the following institutes:
* Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)
* National Institutes of Technology (NITs)
* Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs)
* Other Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs)
The JoSAA counselling 2023 will be conducted in six rounds. The first round of counselling will commence on July 1, 2023. The last round of counselling will be conducted on September 30, 2023.
Registration Process :-
To participate in JOSAA Counselling 2023, candidates need to register themselves on the official JOSAA website (josaa.nic.in) during the specified registration period. They will be required to provide their JEE Main 2023 roll number and password to log in. After logging in, candidates need to fill in their personal and academic details, as well as their preferred choices of institutes and programs.
Choice Filling and Locking
After registration, candidates have to fill in their choices of colleges and courses according to their preferences. It is crucial to carefully consider the available options and prioritize them accordingly. Candidates can modify or rearrange their choices during the choice filling period. Once the final choices are made, candidates must lock their choices to confirm their selections.
Based on the choices filled and the merit list, JOSAA conducts multiple rounds of seat allotment. The allotment is done in order of merit, category, and availability of seats. During each round, candidates are allotted seats based on their rank and preference. After the seat allocation, candidates have to either accept the allotted seat or opt for the “float” or “slide” options, depending on their willingness to upgrade to a higher preference if available.
Reporting to Allotted Institutes
Candidates who accept the seat allotment need to report to the allotted institute within the specified time frame. They have to complete the admission formalities, pay the requisite fees, and provide the necessary documents for verification. Failure to report within the given time may result in the forfeiture of the allotted seat.
*Cut off for JoSAA Counselling 2023*
The cut off for JoSAA counselling 2023 will be released by the JoSAA authorities after the completion of the first round of counselling. The cut off will be different for different institutes and courses.
*Eligibility for JoSAA Counselling 2023*
To be eligible for JoSAA counselling 2023, candidates need to meet the following criteria:
* They should be Indian nationals.
* They should have passed class 12th from a recognized board.
* The candidate must have passed the 12th standard with a minimum of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
* They should have qualified JEE Main 2023 or JEE Advanced 2023.
The counseling process for JOSAA 2023 is expected to start in June, with the release of the JEE Main 2023 results. Here are the tentative dates based on the latest information:
1. Registration and Choice Filling: June 2023
2. Mock Seat Allocation: June 2023
3. Final Choice Filling and Locking: June 2023
4. First Round of Seat Allocation: July 2023
5. Acceptance of Seat and Reporting to the Allotted Institutes: July 2023
6. Second Round of Seat Allocation: July 2023
7. Acceptance of Seat and Reporting to the Allotted Institutes: July 2023
8. Third Round of Seat Allocation: July 2023
9. Acceptance of Seat and Reporting to the Allotted Institutes: July 2023
10. Fourth Round of Seat Allocation: July 2023
11. Acceptance of Seat and Reporting to the Allotted Institutes: July 2023
12. Fifth Round of Seat Allocation: July 2023
13. Acceptance of Seat and Reporting to the Allotted Institutes: July 2023
14. Sixth Round of Seat Allocation: August 2023
15. Acceptance of Seat and Reporting to the Allotted Institutes: August 2023
16. Seventh Round of Seat Allocation: August 2023
17. Acceptance of Seat and Reporting to the Allotted Institutes: August 2023
SOME IMPORTANT LINK
|WhatsApp Group||Click Here|
|Telegram Link||Click Here|